If you need 12-volt golf cart batteries for your gold cart, the team at Double D Golf Carts is here to help. We offer 12-volt batteries as well as installation services. Give us a call today to find out how we can help you with your golf cart battery needs.
How to Install Golf Cart Batteries
First and foremost, you will need to determine the exact voltage that your golf cart needs. You can figure this out by checking your owner’s manual which will have the exact specifications needed. Getting a voltage that’s too high can lead to overcharging the golf cart while getting a voltage that’s too low can lead to not enough power. Next, you will begin the battery changing process. This is considered an easy task to complete on your own. Here are some of the steps involved in the process:
- Step 1 – Each golf cart typically consists of a set of six different batteries. You can find this compartment at the front of the golf cart. Disconnect each battery by disconnecting the negative cable first then the positive cable
- Step 2 – Remove the battery brackets and pull out the batteries
- Step 3 – Use a solution of baking soda and water to clean the battery cables and clamp. You will then need to replace any frayed or broken cables then clean and dry the battery compartment.
- Step 4 – Install the new batteries in the same position as the old batteries while keeping the batteries clear of the cables
- Step 5 – On the first battery, reconnect the positive cable to the positive terminal and the negative cable to the negative terminal. Coat the terminals with a thin layer of petroleum jelly or battery terminal anti-corrosion gel. Repeat this process to install all of the new batteries
Before purchasing your golf cart battery, it’s important that you do adequate research. This research will ensure that you’re getting the product that best fits the needs of you and your golf cart.
12 Volt Golf Cart Batteries
Our team here at Double D Golf Carts offers a wide range of 12-volt batteries including 12-volt trojan batteries and 12-volt Interstate batteries. We have Trojan TI275 12-volt batteries on sale for $245 each available in sets of four and $265 each available in single sets. We also offer installation services to help golf cart owners if they need it.
$175ea in set of 4, $205 individually
While the installation services are simple for most golf carts, there are some golf carts that make the installation process difficult. If you are concerned about potentially damaging your cart, we can help ensure the process goes over smoothly. Our installation services go for $65 per golf cart to go along with limited warranties.
We are here to help with your Golf Cart Batteries
When you’re in need of golf cart batteries, our team here at Double D Golf Carts is here to help. We offer a wide range of battery products to help keep your golf cart running at its highest potential. Give us a call today at 352-478-2600 or email us at email@example.com to find out more about the golf cart battery services we offer to our customers.